It's almost Christmas Time in West Baton Rouge Parish and every year, I go out looking for a list of things to do, and I can never find them in one place.
So I figured, if I have these questions, then I bet a lot of other folks do too!
So since I could not find a great list, I decided to create one!
Here it is! My top 6 things to do in West Baton Rouge Parish
- Polar Express Family Movie Showing
I love this movie! I know, I know... the creepy animated kids. Once you get past that, it's a cute movie and a great reminder to us never to let the magic of Christmas die.
The really cool thing about this event is it’s at the West Baton Rouge Library (message me if you need directions. They are also providing free train rides, a hot cocoa bar, and they are encouraging the whole family to come in their PJs or ugly sweaters… (PG 13, please!)
The event is on Friday, Dec 2nd, from 6-8 PM. Will I see you there? (comment below)
- Calling all Jeep lovers to the Jingle Jeepin' Parade! This event is going to be a blast! Decorate your jeep and bring a bag of pet food as an entry fee or line the streets and watch the decorated jeeps as they roll by. The lineup begins at the West Baton Rouge Conference Center on December 2, 2022, and the parade rolls at 6:30 pm. Go check out the lighting of the Oaks on Whitehead Blvd just before!
- If the Jeep Parade isn't your jam and you missed the showing of Polar Express the night before, Reflections of the Season is where you need to be on Dec 3, 2022, at 5:30 pm. Bring the lawn chairs and blankets and join the community for an outdoor screening of Polar Express! Be sure to wear your best Holiday Jammies so you will be ready for your photo op with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Enjoy hot cocoa, cookies, face painting, and a balloon artist as well. We hear that the kiddos will get a special bag of holiday goodies as a parting gift. All the fun will be at the West Baton Rouge Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Have a teen that is interested in cookie decorating and you are like me and destroy these kinds of projects? West Baton Rouge Parish Library comes in clutch with their Teen Christmas Cookie Decorating Class on Saturday, December 3, 2022, from 10:30 am-12:00 pm. This event is for 6th - 12th-grade teens, and registration is required. You can call (225) 342-7920 Ext. 231 for more information.
- On Dec 4, 2022, Sunday, 2-5 pm, the West Baton Rouge Museum will hold its Holiday Open House. The historic buildings will be open for tours, and the grounds will be beautifully decorated for the season. Bring the kids for an elf scavenger hunt and enjoy the demonstrations from the blacksmith and woodworking. Make a homemade ornament and enjoy a visit from Père Noël as music from different bands and musicians fills the air and gets you in the Christmas Spirit.
- Students in 2nd - 5th grade get their chance to learn to decorate cookies at the Kids Christmas Cookie Decorating Class. Again, West Baton Rouge Parish Library comes in clutch with this opportunity. This event is December 17, 2022, from 10:00-11:30 am, and just like the Teen class, registration is required. You can call (225) 342-7920 Ext. 231 for more information.
Posted by Kristina Cusick on